That little rant aside, trees covered in ice look awesome.
Being from the desert, I think I approach snowstorms with a slightly different mental approach than some. In fact, you could replace the word "snowstorms" with "weather" and it would still ring true. I love it when crazy weather happens.
Here's the forecast for Las Vegas until the end of the world: Summer: hot and breezy, Winter: cold and windy, and it might or might not kinda rain for a week.
Here's the forecast for St. Louis for the next 5 minutes: WTF.
Crazy weather is fun (okay, okay...as long as you have good house insurance).
too funny. I think I might a weatherman/woman (or whatever) and get paid to be wrong.
ReplyDeleteJoe, I completely agree with you. (Weird, I know.) True, we got ice. True, school is closed for the third day in a row (mostly because the bus stop sidewalks were considered too slippery to make students walk on). But I am still disappointed in the lack of epic, blizzard weather that everyone else apparently got, but not us. (I am somewhat thankful we didn't lose power, but only because it would have been freakin' cold. I still like the drama of flashlights and candles, though.)
ReplyDeleteWeathermen are pretty much stupid. I feel like they are constantly like the boy who cried wolf. I'm to the point where I really don't believe them anymore. ever.
Oh well. C'est la vie. Even if it sucks.
Here's to the crazy weather fans!
I miss the predictability of Vegas! I hate planning a day only to have it ruined becuase of suprise snow. That said, I was promised a huge blizzard a month ago, and was greatly dissapointed that it was no worse a storm than we have had all winter. I guess I do like weather, as long as I can stay inside and watch it from my heated house. :)
ReplyDelete